1. Trouble remembering NEW information
Forgetting important dates or events, or asking for the same information over and over again.
2. Difficulty with complex mental tasks
Especially tasks that involve numbers, such as paying bills, following a recipe or creating a grocery list.
3. Trouble completing familiar tasks
Such as driving to a favourite location, brushing teeth or getting dressed.
4. Confusion with time or place
Loses track of dates, seasons and time. May forget where they are or how they got there.
5. Difficulty reading or judging distance, colour and contrast
They may not realise they are looking at themselves in the mirror.
6. Trouble partaking in a conversation
May repeat themselves or forget what they’re talking about in mid-conversation. Has trouble finding the right word or calls things by the wrong name.
7. Misplaces items & trouble retracing steps
May put things in unusual places and has trouble re-tracing their steps. May accuse others of stealing.
8. Decreased ability in dealing with money or personal appearance
May use poor judgment when dealing with money and pay less attention in grooming and keeping themselves clean.
9. Withdrawal from work or social activities
May remove themselves from social activities, hobbies, workplace, etc.
10. Becoming confused, suspicious, depressed or fearful
May be easily upset at home, at work, with friends or where they are out of their comfort zone.